Tuesday, July 14, 2009

More stimulus? No thanks

I'll leave the debate over whether the U.S. needs a second federal "stimulus" bill to others, but let me just say this: if another massive spending bill means the DC government will be digging up and repaving the road outside my apartment again at three in the morning, then I don't care if we all have to eat cardboard and drink potato juice for the next decade -- no more stimuli!

It should also be noted that several of the roads the DC government is repaving were already in fine shape, having been repaved rather recently, but are being redone because the stimulus money needs to be spent within a matter of months. The government is essentially paying people to dig holes and then refill them, in other words, which doesn't strike me as an all that prudent recipe for economic revitalization.

No comments:

Post a Comment