Thursday, June 25, 2009

Someone buy John Shadegg a dictionary

At a press conference I attended today where Republicans accused the EPA of covering up the views of a "career scientist" who questioned the scientific consensus that human activity contributes to climate change, I noted during the question-and-answer period that I had talked to said "scientist" earlier in the day and that he had confirmed to me that he had absolutely no background in climate science. Rather, he was an economist with an undergrad degree in physics.

In response, Arizona Republican John Shadegg congratulated me for demonstrating great "entrepreneurship" by seeking out the EPA employee in question. As I muttered to a reporter sitting next to me, "I don't think that word means what he thinks it does . . ."

No comments:

Post a Comment