Monday, June 04, 2007

Interview with Rep. Jimmy Duncan (R-TN)

Though considered to be one of the most conservative members of Congress, Representative Jimmy Duncan (R-Tennessee) has been an outspoken critic of the Bush administration when it comes to foreign policy. I spoke to Representative Duncan about his views on foreign policy and on what he thinks will happen to the Republican Party in light of the growing unpopularity of the war in Iraq.

An excerpt:

Duncan: "I think the foreign policy that we're following, and the policy on homeland security, is just leading to a great expansion of federal power. I opposed the creation of the Homeland Security Department. I've opposed the PATRIOT Act. Because to me those things are leading to more and more and bigger and bigger and much more expansive government that I don't think we can afford. And it's making our federal government more powerful and more intrusive, invading the privacy of many of our citizens and so forth. And it goes against every traditional Republican, traditional conservative view that I've ever known."

Click here to read the rest of the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment